Friday, September 25, 2020

Blog Evaluation #1


    CSF, otherwise known as Christian Student Fellowship, is a Christian student organization on campus that hosts a lot of events that usually has a great turnout. My freshman year, this organization threw a large luau for students on campus. There were food, drinks, a DJ, and even a large mosh pit. However, due to COVID restrictions, they couldn't have that event. In place of that, they attempted to have a socially distanced bonfire. Their attempt at having the bonfire resulted in a large number of students being crowded around bonfires for s'mores. It also resulted in the organization being shutdown temporarily because of the violations of COVID-19 restrictions. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a longer incident of the people surrounding the fire pits in the parking lot.

    On-campus, students have very differing views about COVID-19. Many people follow protocol, but the same number of people do not. I think it's less animosity that students who follow protocol exhibit. There haven't been any altercations that I know of on campus regarding mask wearing and social distancing. I think more people feel frustration. They are ruining our ability to see each other on and off campus. These students operate in society too, and the actions they take not only affect students but the public as well. But it is not only these individuals who are not successful with prevention. The second test I took was to prove negative results in order to join a student organization here on campus. With that being said, I took that test, and the people who checked me in had issues printing out my medical information. The 48-hour window for receiving my results turned into three weeks. I emailed university health services and never got a response. So, I could be spreading COVID-19 and not even know it. I know that I am not the only person this has happened to. It happened to one of my friends that lives here on campus as well. The testing facilities have somewhat dropped the ball in terms of prevention. Thus, it makes it difficult to enforce laws and restrictions so that society to get back to "normal".

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Blog Photo

  The photograph shown here is my a picture showing my five friends Bri, Jaiden, Janelle, Tiffany, Patrick, and myself waiting to be seated ...