Friday, September 11, 2020

COVID Diet

     My diet relative to the COVID outbreak hasn't really changed. Before the outbreak, I ate relatively healthy. I didn't eat much junk food. The most unhealthy food I ate was on campus from places like the dining halls or Papa Johns. In the dining halls, I usually tried to eat from True Balance because I personally grew tired of the options these places had to offer. Even before then, I tried to eat healthy at home. My mom and doctor wanted me to have a more vegetable-based diet because I have elevated cholesterol levels for my age and was at risk because of my family's health history. However, I tended to ignore that more often than I should.

    When the pandemic first hit, I ate a lot more home cooked meals, which I definitely missed on campus. My family definitely eats more healthy than campus. The only significant difference between home and school was my soda intake. I avoided it and drank mostly water on campus. However, the sky was the limit at home. I helped my family go through multiple cases of mountain dew, coke, and sprite during my time at home. We didn't eat out much because we feared exposure to the disease. That changed as time went on. My family faced no financial challenges, and thus no food shortages. In fact, we saved money in some cases. We only suffered food shortages in places where stores did. Meat shortages caused us to shop for places where it was cheaper because the Fresh Market raised the price per pound back to regular price.

    Individuals in my immediate family never had an issue accessing doctors. I, along with other members of my family, didn't need to see doctors until later on during quarantine when things were beginning to open slowly. My nephew, however, had to wait for his 1 year check-up, which would've been right around when quarantine started. He turned 1 years-old right when we were sent home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Blog Photo

  The photograph shown here is my a picture showing my five friends Bri, Jaiden, Janelle, Tiffany, Patrick, and myself waiting to be seated ...